3

Thrifting Finds

Posted on Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I had a very successful trip to the downtown D.I.  this past week.
I was making my way to the book section, because we all know my obsession with old books when I took a gander into the collectibles.  Among the scary porcelain dolls and ugly vases I found something that made my heart skip a beat!  A vintage 1969 Rand McNally globe!  The colors were so perfectly muted looking!  I knew at once I must have it!  And for only $10!

Yes...I did spend forever finding the correct date by figuring out which countries and cities were or were not on the globe before narrowing down to '69...
 I also am slowly building up a collection of milk glass for my shelving unit of dreams.  Who knew milk glass would be so difficult to find?  Apparently Etsy does, because sellers everywhere are selling it for ridiculous prices. 


 My mom also very generously contributed to my shelving decor by letting me use the antique type writer used as a guest log at our wedding reception. Seen below on wedding day.


On a side note, I spent this evening glittering vintage book page hearts while Jason cleaned his guns.  We compliment eachother so well....


On a side-er note, I found this old video of my crazy roommate Rachel, and these videos were quite common with her around.  There is also one of me, Rach, and Louisa dancing to hip hop music in our Freshman year "Victoria's Secret Apartment" at the riv, (self-named after how closely our pink-on-pink paint job resembled the store,) but you can bet I won't be posting that.


Discussion

  1. Thanks for not posting THAT video! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!! i miss apt 59!!! seriously everytime i drive past i look at it :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you are so cute with your glitter and craftiness! And I love your kitty, I want one!!

    ReplyDelete