1

And it was very Merry...

Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Are you as heart broken as I am that Christmas season is over?
As every year passes I grow to appreciate the Christmas season more and focus less importance on Christmas Day.
This Christmas was a different one for both Jason and I, it was our first Christmas together. Jason spent it away form his family, and neither of my brothers were here this year.  So Christmas was spent with my parents and my Grandma Dot. I think Christmas day will never lose it's excitement...I woke up at 4:50am to Jason shouting "Merry Christmas!!!"  It was hard to get back to sleep after that!

It's funny making a Christmas list as a newlywed because instead of clothes I wanted more homemaker-type things... among 2 sets of sheets, a vitamix, kitchen supplies, anthropologie money, and other things Jason surprised me with this...
EXPEDIT Bookcase  Width: 72 7/8 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Height: 72 7/8 " Max load/shelf: 29 lb  Width: 185 cm Depth: 39 cm Height: 185 cm Max load/shelf: 13 kg
The IKEA shelving unit of my dreams!  In my dreams, it was white, because I have this obsession with white white white furniture lately, but my dreams have changed to decorating this shelving unit with loads of milk glass and my old books, and I think it is even a better dream come true!

Thanks for busting or budget by so much Jason!  Our bank account may not be grateful but I sure am!

I had serious intentions of quitting my laziness and uploading some photos onto this blog as well as video of our Christmas day shooting adventures, but the memory card converter is nowhere to be found...so they will be here soon enough!

Discussion

  1. I love that shelf! Two of my sisters have them. I'm excited to see it all decorated. Isn't it funny how the things you want change quite a bit? I really wanted pots and pans... boring I know. haha. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete