0

SLC's Fashion Night Out 2012

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Last night I had the fun opportunity to style hair with the salon at Fashion Night Out.  I love doing hair for these sorts of things, it allows my to be creative in ways I don't normally get to be in the salon.  Plus, doing hair for a runway show was on my list of things to do as a hairstylist back when I was in hair school.  I feel I can now say my list is complete, something I feel few can say! I still have so much more I can accomplish, I think it is time to make a new goal list!

We did Hair for Mary Rino, a bridal designer who makes gorgeous romantic gowns.  We set hair in curls and weaved hair into big romantic dutch braids.  The green room was crowded with models, makeup artists, hairstylists and photographers all elbowing their ways around each other to finish the looks.


As we sat in the middle of the Gallivan Center waiting for the first runway show to begin, we people watched and were fascinated with how many interesting people were gathered to one place.  I began to get a sense of what it would be like to be at the Capitol in the Hunger Games.  People with hair every color of the rainbow wandered around, hairstylists with crazy (ugly) haircuts and black clothing liberally applied hairspray to models hair, people sat around dressed as if they had stepped out of every era possible. (Bettie Page you're real cute.)  As fun as it was, at the same time it was a little silly.  We all try too hard to impress each other...

Discussion

Leave a response