2

More Portland Vacation

Posted on Tuesday, May 3, 2011


If you ever visit Portland, Oregon on a Saturday, you must go to Saturday Market!  It is so much fun to wander around the many many tents and look at the art & handmade goods made by local artists.  And if you are into people-watching...Jackpot!!!  Have you seen the Portlandia video "Put a Bird On It"?  About half these vendors are exactly what they are talking about.  I got a handmade journal that I've been looking for forever, and we got some funny t-shirts

My brother Ryan's favorite part of Saturday Market is the elephant ears.  Can you believe Jason has never heard of them!?  So he had his first elephant ear with melty-peanutbuttery-goodness.  From the looks of things I think he enjoyed it!
Next up on our itinerary was OMSI.  I have spent many field trips in that place!  Jason and I went on the submarine tour, then we wandered around with my Grandma & Parents until our feet were about to give out.
From top left; my mom in Egypt, Jason starting the tour, distortion, my dad in front of OMSI, Jason by the submarine.



In the interaction area I was shocked with the biggest shock in my life right in my face!  It felt like a punch!  But look at that static in Jason's hair!








If you want to taste some of the best desserts ever you must visit Papa Haydn's!  Yum!  Another Portland must!




After Easter dinner on Sunday we sadly had to leave on Monday.  Before our teeth-cleaning at my Dad's office, We had one last stroll down the Riverwalk with my Grandma.  We were lucky to have such beautiful and unexpected weather.  We had a fancy picnic of crab salads, leftover ham, pie, and my Grandma's famous potato salad, washed down with coca-cola from the bottle, a great last meal for our Portland trip!

In the we were enjoying our Gustav's fondue, and some last minute magnet-shopping and we almost missed our flight!  Would that have been so bad though?





PS, Ryan and Amy were on the same flight as Fred Armisen, the main actor of Portlandia.  Could there be a more perfect way to end a Portland trip?

Discussion

  1. This looks like so much fun! I love weekend markets and this one looks way better than the ones I've been too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog and vacation! Im glad I found you!

    P.S. I'm hosting a great giveaway and I thought you might like it.

    ReplyDelete