0

Things Hudson Does

Posted on Friday, May 10, 2013

Today we got our carpets cleaned.  And let me tell you, they reeaaally needed them, bad!  When we moved in the past tenants had "cleaned" them with a rented machine, but really just got them soaking wet.  So now they are clean and our feet won't turn black and the knees of hudson pants will stay a little cleaner.
Moral of the story, I am sitting on the couch in out kitchen with nothing to do, waiting for the carpets to dry.

Jason is at work, Hudson is asleep, and I am booored!

So let me tell you about my funny baby.
Can you believe he is almost one!?  Oh man, I can't!



He is so smart! Seriously, so smart and observant.  He proves this to us all the time. And so funny!


  • He loves to "talk on the phone". Or remote, or anything semi phone shaped.  He puts it to his ear and says "'lo?" "Hedo!" and jibber-jabbers away.
  • The other day he found a bucket of coins in a cupboard and spilt them everywhere. So. Fun.  While I was putting them away, he helped me put them away, one by one.  Later he found a nickel we missed and I watched him crawl across the kitchen, open the cupboard, and look for the bucket to put the nickel away.
  • He is very neat & organized.  He loves to put things away, and move things from once container to the next.  I find the remote in the diaper bag, random things in boxes, even a soap from our bedroom in the diaper bag in the front room.
  • He likes to drink from cups, or bowls, or anything that slightly resembles a cup.  He tries to tilt it up and see if there is something he can drink inside.
  • He won't let me feed him from a spoon.  We haven't ever been too big on just spoon feeding, but now he has to try himself, which can get pretty dang messy.
  • He sometimes likes to make animal noises while reading books. Like "Cockadoodledoo!" or "Cockadododoo!" and "Meow", or "ow!", and "Mooooo!"
He is so cute, and so fun.  I feel like he is not my little baby anymore, time goes by far too quickly.  Even though I miss him sleeping on my chest and being that snuggly warm newborn, I love this stage and watching him learn so much everyday.  This will be a great summer!

Discussion

Leave a response