0

Halloween 2014

Posted on Friday, November 7, 2014

As a kid Halloween was always one of my favorite Holidays. When I was little I would ask my mom to tell me "spooooky" stories at bedtime, I loved Casper, I loved my older brother Ryan telling me the scary story of the old lady making soup with a...bone! Shriek!

Halloween is still one of my favorites! I love fall, pumpkins, and costumes. It is just as fun being a mom on Halloween.  This year Hudson learned what Halloween really consists of, and excitedly took part in all the classic activities.   All month long he told me he "wanted Halloween!' He was a cowboy, and the weeks before Halloween he would put on his little cowboy hat and ride around on his bike.

This fall has been extra amazing this year.  The past few years fall has felt kind of non-existent and once October rolled around I just started dreading the cold months approaching way too fast.  This year I relished every little thing about fall I love.  Hudson and I went on bike rides/walks up the canyon and watched the leaves changing color.  We crunched dry leaves on the sidewalk every chance we got.  I tried to show him how amazing pumpkin flavored hot chocolate is, but he doesn't get that yet, why would a drink be hot?

This year our Halloween consisted of the classic Halloween church party, where I spent a ridiculous amount of time making Chicken Gnocchi soup to bring, and it one second place, which I felt pretty good about, but I'm still not sure the hours of cooking was worth having the giant pot being gone so fast.  Hudson ran around stage posing for everyone in the costume parade and helped me further realize that his little two year old self is the opposite of my two year old self.





When I was about Hudson's age I was a cowgirl for Halloween and have pictures on the doorstep identical to this.  So this is exactly why Hudson was a cowboy this year, I made him those little chaps and we found that brand new genuine leather vest at a thrift shop. My mom and I searched and searched for that photo and couldn't find it anywhere. So sad!

Halloween Day we brought him for the third year to the trunk-or-treat in my parents neighborhood. It is an extra fun trunk or treat with hot dogs and donuts, and he loved it.  My parents and my Grandma came along, you know he is a loved little boy when he has five adults following him around.





Next up was carving a pumpkin, and trick or treating with us and Grandpa.  I loved watching him trick or treat, he would stand on there doorstep after he got his candy and not know when to leave.  "Happy Halloween!" He'd say, then just stand there until we helped him turn around and go.



Until next year Fall, you've been real good to us and i will miss you dearly...

Discussion

Leave a response