0

The First Snow

Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2014


The first small snowflakes fluttered down today, and with it came mixed emotions.  I won't lie, when I opened the curtains and saw the trees and grass powdered in white my heart sunk a little.  The next six months in Utah are not my favorite.

But then, Hudson ran over to the window and shouted "It's SNOW!!!" And in a split second my dread was gone and I could share his excitement.
"Should we go outside and see it?" I asked him with a smile.
"YAY!" I don't know how much my two year old remembered snow from last year, half his lifetime ago, but it is so fun to watch him experience something so seemingly new and different. "Oh my, oh my, oh my, OH MY!" He was running around the condo squealing and jumping.  We couldn't get his coat and "snow man hat" on fast enough. (Can someone explain why he calls his blue hat his snowman hat? And why is it the only hat he will wear? All. The. Time.)

We watched him hop around and jump into the slushy snow. We drew pictures in the layer of snow covering our car. Ten minutes and we were ready to go inside and warm up. Uhg, winter, I guess if you will be here so long i will try to enjoy it.



Discussion

Leave a response