0

Thankful

Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010

I can't believe it is thanksgiving week!  I feel like November didn't even happen.  I am with my mom for another sleepover in this little reclining vinyl armchair, and one thing I have learned about hospitals is that they give you plenty of time to think.  I've been thinking about thanksgiving and what our family is going to eat and do this year considering all the craziness happening.  I have also been thinking about what I am thankful for. So here is my list!

  • Health-I am thankful to be healthy, despite the fairly rare occasion of getting sick, I am lucky to be a pretty healthy girl.  I am glad I have no life-affecting allergies (jason) or undiagnosable illnesses (mom).
  • Family-Jason and I are so lucky to have such great family!
  • Friends-Living in SLC has deprived me of seeing old friends, and I miss you all!  Please visit?
  • Love-It is great to be married and have someone you love with you 24/7
  • The Gospel-It is the source of all things good in my life
  • Warmth-I don't want cold weather, although the snow looks beautiful out the window of a warm room. (Utah, can you please not have another winter that lasts through April please?  I thank you in advance, I know you will take my request into serious consideration!)
  • Provo-I realize that provo is where I consider home to be, and I miss it!
This year I have noticed how seriously thankful I am for the serious things in life.  So many things have been happening, or not happening that make me realize all the great things in my life I take for granted.


The pictures we used for our thank you cards, since it is Thanksgiving and I am expressing my thankfulness and all, and pictures without pics aren't as exciting.  By the way, I am sorry if you haven't got one yet!  I still need some of you addresses and Jason keeps promising he is going to write them to people in OK, but it never seems to get done...

An update on my mom; she is doing better, still feeling sick but better than she has been!  And they just might send her home tomorrow morning.

Jason's Dad has been in the hospital this week, so hopefully he is doing better, mention him in your prayers as well!

Discussion

Leave a response