2

I Like To Believe Oklahoma is Part Of The South

Posted on Sunday, April 3, 2011

Even if Jason insists that it is the mid-west, any state where you can find people with southern drawls wearing cowboy boots and Carhartt jackets who are all proud members of the ARA pretty much qualifies as southern in my books. We can at least agree that Oklahoma is country, even though Jason's family in a more populated area than mine, in highland with a view of horses and bison right out the window.


So guess what!  I am sitting here writing this in Oklahoma!   Jason's birthday is on the 5th and we are in town to celebrate!

In the past I have visited Oklahoma in July and January, the two times of the year when the humidity is killer.  Spring here is nice, with plenty of green fields spotted with violet wildflowers.  Unfortunately Spring means killer allergies!  No amount of meds seem to be able to clear my sinuses even enough to taste the yummy food we are eating.

Jason's Oklahoma trip so far has looked like this...
Guns, explosives, greasy food, b-ball and conference.

Mine looked like some of the best garage sale and thrift shopping you will ever do!  Me and Brittany and Cindy sorted through piles and piles of stuff and came out with some pretty good treasures.  Maybe I will snap a few pics to show you my finds.  I wish thrifting wasn't all the rage in Utah, and i wish there were more garage sales to hop around to, but I'm probably not the only Utahan wishing that :)

More updates of the trip to come!  I keep hoping I will become a better blogger!

Discussion

  1. fun!! i want to take a spring trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love your post title. I was so confused when we moved to AR. First, I had no idea where it was and second I thought it was in the south. Nope, midwest! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete