3

Elder O

Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010



The past week has been extremely busy for us, but the craziest thing is that

Tyler is a missionary!

We will all miss him a lot the next two years, but I am so happy for him!  I can tell he is really ready for this and watching him preparing for a mission, I have already seen him grow a ton.  Holidays will be weird without him, but it will be interesting to see how life is when he returns in 2 years from North Carolina, fluent in Spanish :)



As you can see from these pictures, Jason and Tyler have grown a bond of love too.

Tyler went into the MTC on Dec. 15, his birthday! It was funny because we were eating Subway for lunch, (his request), and all the sudden he says, "Oh, I'm 19!"  We had all forgot it was his birthday!  Even him! I still feel bad, but the attention was most definitely on him, there were bigger things on the mind, and we did celebrate on Sunday!  I am sure it will be quite the memorable birthday.  I can't wait to hear from him and see how he is doing!








PS...my aunt Sandy sent an email with the link to the article about Provo Tabernacle burning down, it is so sad!  However she also sent the link to this painting salvaged from the fire.

Isn't that so neat!?   They are calling it a miracle :)

Discussion

  1. Don't worry, the 2 years goes by SO fast. Jeff just got home last week! But we definitely will miss Tyler. You'll have to let us know how he's doing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is already on a mission. I feels like just yesterday that he was playing WOW at your house. lol. Also loving Jasons throw back to the 70s, with that sailor hat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Does it make you feel old that your younger brother is going on a mission? Haha. j/k. I'm glad that you were all able to have things go well for the last little while before he left. Also, I love that picture from the fire at the end. It really is a great one. I've stolen it from you to share with my in-laws. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete