2

A Very Tacky Christmas

Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010

Tacky Glue that is!  Because I have been covered in it from making these...


Handmade bows and glittery labels.  You know that joke about glitter being the herpes of all craft supplies?  Jason has repeated that joke a few times, because it is EVERYWHERE! And impossible to get rid of.

And for your listening enjoyment... some of my favorite christmas tunes!  Because I love love, love my christmas music.



 

Jason hand sewed this ornament.  Which now serves as our tree topper, along with a ribbon tied around a rose Jason gave me when we first moved into our apartment.
But you see, these are very special handmade ornaments. My mom made ornaments from this fabric in the 70's for my parent's first Christmas.  She found extra fabric and gave it to me to adorn our first christmas tree!  So we hand sewed them and stuffed them with cotton balls, (for lack of any other stuffing...)  
Isn't Jason such a good sport for sewing these with me!?

And I must tell you about our Christmas Tree!


We took a long time to finally get our Christmas tree.  Finally Jason took me to get our tree, which I had been looking forward to doing since Thanksgiving, with a Home Depot wedding gift card.  The awesome guy helping us find a tree gave us a tag to the cheapest tree in the lot and told us he would hook us up with a nicer one, and the guy inside gave us $10 off!  Talk about Christmas spirit!  I think they could sense our poor newlywed-ness.
We came looking for a 3 foot tree and left with a 6 foot tree tied to the top of my little car.  The best part was when we had to climb thru our windows as Walmart to buy a tree stand because our doors were tied shut.  We felt pretty white-trash, but hey, it's Walmart afterall.

I am so excited Christmas is here!

Discussion

  1. The bows look so cute! The glitter is awesome! Your tree is beautiful! Looks like you're all set for Christmas. P.s. Hilarious story about Walmart... I almost couldn't believe you went. Haha j/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that second present looks like it's gonna be a good one :)

    ReplyDelete